Pumpkin Snack Pies
- 250 g plain flour
- 180 g butter chilled, chopped
- 60 ml iced water
- 1 kg Butternut pumpkin peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 160 ml thickened cream
- 155 g brown sugar
- caster sugar to dust
- ground cinnamon to dust
- gouble cream to serve
- Process the flour and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water. Process until the mixture comes together. Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out until 5mm thick. Use an 8.5cm-diameter pastry cutter to cut 24 discs from pastry, re-rolling if necessary. Line twenty-four 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with pastry discs. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin in a saucepan. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to the pan and mash until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Whisk the eggs and cream in a bowl. Whisk in sugar and pumpkin until just combined. Divide pumpkin mixture among pastry cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool slightly. Dust with sugar and cinnamon. Serve with cream.