Veggie Carrot Cake with Chilli Yoghurt
- 5 600g carrots, sliced
- 400 g can chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp harissa chilli paste
- 150 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g bunch watercress
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Cook carrots in a pan of simmering water for 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain, return briefly to the heat to dry off any excess liquid, then add the chickpeas and roughly mash. Transfer to a bowl, cool slightly, then mix with coriander, cumin, ground coriander and egg. Season. Use your hands to form into 8 balls. Chill for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Swirl the harissa through the yoghurt and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Flatten the balls into patties and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and hot. Serve with watercress and harissa yoghurt.