1. For the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the 1/2 cup olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft but not browned, about 1 minute.
Ingredients: 0.5 tsp salt 3 tablespoons canola oil 2 tablespoons water 2 pinches of black pepper, freshly ground 1.5 tbsp …
These wonderful oven-baked easy snacks are fun to make and a treat to eat! Serve it as an appetizer or main!
These crispy vegetarian croquettes are simply irresistible. You can serve it as snack or as side dish.
Sichuan Onion Rings
- 4 brown onions cut into rings
- Vegetable oil to deep-fry
- 190 g 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 50 g 1/3 cup cornflour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 310 ml 1 1/4 cups iced water
- 1 long fresh red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 shallot trimmed, thinly sliced
- [widget id="shortcodes-ultimate-2"]
- Place the onion in a bowl of cold water. Set aside for 10 minutes. Drain. Place on a baking tray lined with paper towel and set aside for 5 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Add oil to a saucepan to reach a depth of 10cm. Heat to 190°C over high heat.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda, white pepper, black pepper and chilli powder in a bowl. Add the water and whisk until just combined. Place the bowl over a bowl filled with iced water.
- Dip one-third of the onion, 1 at a time, into the batter to coat. Add to oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining batter and onion, reheating oil between batches. Place the onion on a platter. Top with chilli and shallot.
A cup of hot chocolate and fresh fried doughnuts has to be one of the best ways to end a meal.
Ingredients: 1 5 1/2 oz jar of small pitted green olives (or fresh olives from an olive bar) 1/2 cup …
Ingredients: 8 ounces frozen cooked meatballs, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces 2 cups prepared or jarred marinara sauce Eight …