Waldorf Chicken Party Tartlets
- 24 slices wholemeal bread
- 50 g butter melted
- 1 garlic clove
- 500 ml 2 cups white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 about 200g each chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 60 g 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks diagonally thinly sliced
- 1 green apple cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- Preheat oven to 180C. Use a rolling pin to roll bread slices to flatten bread. Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Use a 7.5cm round pastry cutter to cut discs from the bread. Lightly brush with butter and press into twenty-four holes of a 30ml (11/2 tablespoons capacity) round based patty pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine wine, 1 cup (250ml) water, bay leaf and peppercorns in a large saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Add chicken breasts. Reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Finely shred chicken.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and tarragon in a bowl. Add chicken, walnuts, celery and apple and gently toss to combine. Divide chicken mixture among tartlet cases and top with watercress sprigs to serve.