Smoked Salmon and Cheese Log
- 250 g packet cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped
- 50 g smoked salmon chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds toasted
- Fresh dill and lavosh crackers to serve
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in capers, salmon, chives and dill. Season with pepper.
- Place a 30cm-long piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Spoon cheese mixture onto plastic. Lift plastic wrap and roll mixture away from you to form a log. Place another 30cm-long piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Sprinkle with almonds, leaving a 2cm border. Carefully unwrap log and transfer onto almonds. Roll up plastic to coat log, pressing gently to secure. Twist ends of wrap to seal. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap log. Sprinkle with dill. Serve with crackers.