Healthy Veggie Samosas
- tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pinches of black pepper freshly ground
- 1.5 tbsp ginger chopped, fresh (15 g)
- 0.5 tsp fennel ground
- 300 g of potatoes
- 0.75 teaspoon cumin ground
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 4 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1.5 tbsp coriander seeds
- 6 phyllo sheet 24 x 38 cm
- 2 cups peas green (100 g)
- 1 piece chili green
- Joining together the dough with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- For frying: 5 cup canola oil
- Boil the peas in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain . Mash the potatoes coarsely and mix in the peas .
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Seed and finely chop the chilli . Crush the coriander seeds.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add the coriander seeds. When they start to sizzle add the garlic, chilli and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the milled spices and water. Fry for 3-4 more minutes . Stir the potatoto mass, the coriander and season with salt.
- Get double dough sheets and cut into 6 squares each, about 8 x 19 cm. Fold the dough . Mix water and flour. Moisten half of the straight edge with a little flour-water mixture. Add samosas gradually over a damp kitchen towel .
- Heat oil to 180 degrees in a deep fryer or pot . Deep-frying three samosas at a time 3 min . Drain them on folded paper towels. Serve samosas warm with coriander and mint dip.