No bake Very Cherry Snack Energy Bar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dried pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 sour orange or orange or tangerine
- Zest and juice orange into small mixing bowl.
- Add warm water and dried cherries and set aside for 10 minutes
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add nuts and dates to the food processor or high-speed blender.
- Drain soaked cherries and add to the processor with cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Process for about 1 minute, until mixture is coarsely grounded and sticks together when pressed.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan and firmly press it down into one even layer. Cover tightly and transfer to the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the bars are firm.
- Remove from the pan and slice into 10-12 cherry bars.