- 500g large green olives
- 200g minced beef, pork or chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, minced
- 30 g prosciutto
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- + 1 egg
- + 2 cups flour
- + 3 eggs
- + 2 cups breadcrumbs
- + 0.5 tsp salt
- + 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 liter of sunflower oil for frying
Fry the mince in oil in a frying pan, salt and pepper.
Let the mince to cool slightly.
Mix the minced coarsely in a food processor along with the prosciutto, with nutmeg, grated parmesan, breadcrumbs and beaten egg.
Fill the olives with the batter.
Place flour on a plate, beaten eggs in another and the breadcrumbs in a third.
Roll the olives in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
Heat the sunflower oil to 180 degrees. Deep fry all the stuffed olives while in a deep frying pan for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown.