Ham and Cheese Pies
- 1 sheet 25 x 25cm frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 80 g 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 2 small shallots
- 4 eggs
- 20 g 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed, into quarters. Gently push the squares into four 200ml-capacity muffin pans.
- Divide 80g (1/3 cup) ricotta; 1/2 cup chopped ham; and 2 small shallots, trimmed, finely chopped, among the pastry cases. Combine 4 eggs, lightly whisked, and 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Divide among pastry cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is set. Gently remove the pies from the muffin pans and transfer to a baking tray. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the bases are crisp. Serve the pies warm with mixed salad leaves for a light meal or cold as a lunch box filler or as a healthy breakfast.