- 185 g butter softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g dark chocolate cut into 1cm pieces
- 100 g white chocolate cut into 1cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat to combine. Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda over butter mixture. Stir in chocolate.
- Roll level tablespoons mixture into balls. Place on prepared trays, 5cm apart. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.