Apricot and Pistachio Biscuit
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels
- 6 Turkish dried apricots finely chopped
- Icing sugar mixture for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg, sugar and orange rind until thick and pale. Sift over flour and baking powder. Add pistachios and apricots. Stir to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Shape into a 20cm long log. Place on prepared tray. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 140°C/120°C fan-forced. Using a serrated knife, slice log diagonally into 5mm-thick slices. Discard ends.
- Place slices, in a single layer, on baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until dry and crisp. Stand on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve lightly dusted with icing sugar.