Pea and Noodle Snack Fritters
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 x 440g packet shelf-fresh hokkien noodles
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
- Cherry tomatoes and carrot and celery sticks to serve
- [widget id="shortcodes-ultimate-2"]
- Place peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Return to bowl. Roughly mash peas with a fork. Add noodles, flour, milk, eggs, parmesan and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter into pan, spreading to form a circle. Repeat to make 4 fritters. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with cherry tomatoes and carrot and celery sticks.