- 1 large sheet puffed pastry, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and mashed
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- salt and pepper, sprinkled to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 400F and spray two baking sheets with cooking spray. (I lined mine with foil then greased it)
2. Thaw puffed pastry for about 10 minutes. With a knife, slice the pastry into approximately 2-inch by 2-inch squares. (I only used one of the two pastries that came in the box, and made 9 squares, or 4 pockets. You can get 18 squares, or 9 pockets if you use the whole box)
3. On half the squares, place a dollop of avocado, then cream cheese, then salsa. Season with salt and pepper. Use the remaining squares as the tops and place over top the filling. Seal the pockets by pressing the edges with a fork. Seal well so no filling oozes out during cooking.
4. In a small bowl beat an egg with a fork and apply an eggwash to each of the pockets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until desired browning and puffing has occurred.