1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil until soft and translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
3. Combine the lamb mince with all the herbs and spices in a large bowl and add the cooked onion and garlic. Add the egg and mix well. At this point you can cover the bowl and refrigerate or form the Koftas immediately.
4. Form the lamb mixture into koftas (oval shaped meatballs) and place on a sheet of wax paper.
5. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and brown the koftas for 2 minutes per side. I like to serve my Koftas on kebab sticks so at this point I skewer them onto bamboo skewers and then place them on the baking tray. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they are cooked.
6. Serve the koftas with toasted pita breads and the chunky tzatziki.