Brown Rice and Salmon Patties
- 1/2 cup medium grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 spring onions trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 415 g can red salmon drained, skin and
- bones removed flaked 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated cheddar
- 125 g green beans thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal plain flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 2 carrots cut into sticks
- 2 celery stalks cut into sticks
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g trimmed snow peas to serve Dipping sauce : yoghurt + sweet chilli sauce
- Cook rice following packet directions. Drain. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Transfer onion mixture to rice. Cool completely.
- Add salmon, coriander, cheese, beans, flour, egg and kecap manis.
- Season with pepper. Mix well.
- Using 2 level tablespoons of mixture at a time, shape into patties. Place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Make Dipping sauce: Combine yoghurt and sauce in a small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve patties with vegetables and dipping sauce.